Survarium Update 0.44
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44f
- Changed the way player rating works (used to balance the teams during matchmaking). Now each player has a different rating for every game mode in random matches and ranked matches.
- Bots (computer controlled characters) can now sprint.
- The number of matches for newcomers was reduced from 10 to 5.
- In the killcam AI characters now have the
- Changed the icon (page indicator) in the Shop.
- Tips with the information about ranks and stars are now not displayed in random battles (you will see those tips only in the ranked battles).
- Fixed performance issues (fps drops) during intensive shooting.
- Reduced the server's load when a resynch is sent to a player. This results in a much better experience for all players.
- Improved multithreaded rendering in the renderer for the Low-End PCs. Video memory usage and command queue were optimized.
- Fixed the algorithm for determining optimal visual settings. Instead of going for maximum frames per second, it now looks for a balance between visual quality and game performance.
- If you are in a squad, the game automatically changes the match type to a random match (because ranked matches are not available for squads).
- Fixed various issues on game locations (changes are introduced to all levels except London and Vector Laboratory).
- Fixed an issue when it was possible to queue into a random match while selecting only one game mode.
- Fixed an issue when purchased camos and decals were unlocked only after relogin.
- Fixed an issue with disappearing equipment icons when switching between the old and the new equipment shops.
- Fixed an issue when embedded modifiers in the shop were displayed as undefined.
- Fixed an issue when a 3 man squad was disbanded in the following situation: squad leader kicks the player who leaves the squad himself at the same time.
- Fixed an issue when a high-level player in a squad with a newcomer was matched into a battle for newcomers. Now in similar cases the players will go into a standard match.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44e5
- Fixed an issue when the game might not start up if the renderer for slow PCs was chosen.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44e4
- Fixed an issue when the client crashed while reconnecting into the match.
- Fixed an issue with FN Scar-H camo.
- Fixed various issues in the user interface.
- Improved Spanish localization.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44e3
- Reduced amount of RAM the game uses on 64bit systems.
- Fixed unlocking progress of weapon modules after a match ends.
- Fixed an issue in matchmaking which led to one team being empty.
- Fixed various issues in the League UI.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44e
- November Seasonal League has started.
- To participate in ranked battles you need at least equipment tier 5.
- To speed up matchmaking there are only two equipment brackets available: equipment tiers from 8th to 10th (bracket #1) and equipment tiers from 5th to 7th (bracket #2). For instance, if you queue into a ranked match with equipment tier 9, be ready to fight in a battle with players equipped with items of tiers 8 to 10.
- For reaching rank #1 in the season you will receive an FN SCAR-H with a unique camouflage skin. It will not be obtainable in any other way!
- Premium boosters were added as prizes for reaching ranks from #4 to #1.
- You will get 50% more experience, reputation and silver for ranked battles. Moreover, kills for unlocking weapon modules in ranked battles will be counted with a x1.5 coefficient (for instance, 10 kills in a ranked match will be counted as 15 kills for a module unlock progress).
- You can now view previous leagues history, i.e. ranks you’ve achieved before. You can access not only your history, but also your friends’ and clanmates’ history.
- You can now lose a rank, but this applies only to the ranks 2, 3, 4. You cannot lose rank #1 and cannot fall down from the rank #5.
- Fixed matchmaking interface.
- Fixed collision issues with С-4, PMN, and MON-50.
- Fixed АК-74N '82 camoflage.
- Fixed an issue when bots were using APS on lower equipment tiers.
- It's now impossible to increase equipment tier during matchmaking.
- Fixed Champion achievement.
- Added "Time before a match starts" functionality for newcomers.
- Removed an incorrectly displayed line in the Shop.
- Fixed overlapping text in the Shop.
- Fixed matchmaking for squads.
- Fixed Survarium client behaviour when you have no game server selected.
- Fixed Survarium client behaviour when you have no game mode selected.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44d7
- Optimized RAM volume used by the game.
- Improved perfomance under 32bit operational systems and on PCs with less than 3GB of RAM.
- Fixed a memory leak in renderer for slow PCs.
- Fixed a memory leak in UI when viewing tutorial screens.
- Fixed a memory leak in UI while loading locations.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44d
- One's network connection now doesn't affect network connections of other players.
- Network ping and draw latency are no longer affected by frames per second (fps).
- Fixed match server behavior when players' inputs are displaced.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44c2
- The bots are now available in all game modes and on all maps.
- The bots now can purposefully capture points in Research mode.
- Fixed an issue with playing replays of matches in Research mode.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44c
- Team Deathmatch: you now get 15 points for a kill, but lose 5 points on death.
- Battles are divided into Random and Ranked. You can choose in which to play.
- The bot difficulty in battles for newcomers was decreased.
- The bots are now available in all game modes except "Artifact Hunt" and on all locations except London, Mamayev Kurgan and Vector Laboratory.
In the Random Battle mode:
- Both individual players and squads will be allowed;
- Any equipment tier is allowed;
- Battles are always 8 vs 8;
- Expansion of gear tiers during matchmaking is prohibited: if you are wearing a tier-6 gear, the game will match-make you into a 6-level match only;
- Instead of expanding the tiers during matchmaking the number of bots added will increase, but no more than half of the team;
- The player ranking in Random Battles is calculated individually based on ELO formula;
- The teams are balanced based on the player ranking, bots are added in equal numbers into both teams;
- As always, when searching for a game you can disable two of the four game modes;
- The results of the battle do not affect your progress in the Leagues;
- Based on the battle results you receive experience, silver, reputation with your faction and trophies (when victorious).
In the Ranking Match mode (Leagues):
- Only game characters of level 4 and above will be allowed;
- Only solo players will be allowed, no squads admitted*;
- Battles are always 8 vs 8 players;
- Expansion of the equipment tiers is prohibited: if you are wearing tier-6 gear, the game will match-make you into a 6-level match;
- Match making is based only on the gear tiers 4, 6, 8 and 10. If you equip tier-5 gear you will be matched into a 6th level match, if 7th – level 8, if the 9th – level 10 respectively;
- As always, the Leagues require a certain gear level for you to progress;
- The position of the player in ranking matches does not depend on that as in the Random Battles and is calculated individually based on the ELO formula;
- The teams are balanced as equal (in terms of summarized ranking of the players) as possible; the match-making continues until such balance is ensured;
- Choosing game modes is disabled;
- The battle result impacts your progress in the Leagues as follows (players are sorted based on the number of points gained in the match):
In the winning team:
- The top 4 players receive 1 star
- The 5th player receives 0.75 star
- The 6th player receives 0.5 star
- The 7th player receives 0.25 star
- The 8th player receives no stars
In the losing team:
- The 5-8th players lose 1 star
- The 4th player loses 0.75 star
- The 3rd player loses 0.5 star
- The 2nd player loses 0.25 star
- The top player loses nothing
- Improved information about the point status in "Research" game mode (it's now clear which team captures the point).
- A new monthly League has started. It will end as usual at the end of the month.
- Introduced a new in-game shop.
- Fixed an issue leading to the client crash while showing info about a bad connection.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44b5
Equipment and Weapons
- C-4 explosives moved to the 8th tier of Black Market faction.
- If you have two videocards, the game will use the more powerful one.
- Removed logout option in Steam version.
- Fixed several issues in the tutorial.
- Fixed a rare issue leading to the game client becoming unresponsive when firing.
- Fixed an issue leading to textures missing.
- Fixed an issue not allowing to heal broken arms.
- Renderer for old PCs: fixed display of special items when trying to set them in unreachable spots.
- Fixed profiles of tier 3 bots (removed Colt Python which is a tier 7 pistol).
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44b
- Changed the tutorial: the first battle against bots is now player locallly.
- Updated BattlEye anticheat libraries.
- Fixed an issue causing the game client to crash when loading in fullscreen mode if the game was inactive for some time before.
- Fixed an issue causing the game to crash when picking up an artifact in French localization.
- Fixed Ukrainian localization.
The List of Changes in Survarium 0.44a
Survarium 0.44 Highlights
Client-Side BattlEye Anticheat
The game client is now protected by the BattlEye system! The system will detect the hackers and automatically ban them. Other players will be notified accordingly in the match or in the game lobby. Our goal is to ensure fair play for all the players in Survarium, therefore we'll stay vigilant and continue fighting against cheaters. Play fair and win gloriously in Survarium!
Treasure Hunt Weekly Event
Search for trophies after battles is no longer available, and there is a weekly event instead called Treasure Hunt with better loot! Now there is always a high quality item (unique or premium) as the best possible reward. The number and quality of the prizes depend on your character's maximum rank in a faction. You will be able to get a couple trophies for free (using free stash maps), and the rest of the prizes by using stash maps as usual. If you are lucky, you'll get the best trophy for free!
C-4 Plastic Explosive
C-4 explosive with a remote detonator is available on equipment tier 8 at Black Market and takes the whole slot for explosives. We hope you will like new tactical opportunities that present themselves with the introduction of this special item.
High Level Pistols
Survarium never used to have effective pistols on the higher equipment tiers, and now there are 4 tier 7 pistols in the game. Three were added in the update: Italian Beretta 93R, Czech CZ-75, and Russian MP-443 Grach. Moreover, Colt Python revolver was moved to tier 7 and its stats were adjusted accordingly.
Bots (AI Opponents) for Newcomers
Starting with Survarium 0.44, all newcomers will play their first matches against bots.They will not be able to challenge the players, since initially AI's abilities will be limited. But the bots will become ideal sparring partners for the new players, so they can learn the game mechanics in a less stressful environment. Additionally, Training vs. Bots is available for all equipment tiers.
The Complete List of Changes
- Weekly Treasure Hunt event has been introduced into the game instead of location search after each match. The main prize and the number of trophies in Treasure Hunt depend on the maximum faction level of your character.
- You will now receive an additional reward (silver and spare parts) for wins.
- You will now have a chance to get a free stash map for a win. You can get up to 2 free stash maps per week. You can have up to 2 free stash maps at any moment (the restriction applies only to stash maps you get for free).
- Grenade toss time decreased to 0.8 sec.
- Changed the time required to swap a weapon. The heavier the weapon, the more time it takes to pull it out or holster:
For weapons lighter than 1 kg: pull out – 0.6с, holster – 0.4 sec.
For weapons from 1 to 2.5 kg: pull out – 0.7 sec, holster – 0.5 sec.
For weapons from 2.5 to 5 kg: pull out – 0.9 sec, holster – 0.5 sec.
For weapons from 5 to 8 kg: pull out – 1.1 sec, holster – 0.6 sec.
For weapons heavier than 8 kg: pull out – 1.3 sec, holster – 0.7 sec.
- Mines and explosives now can be destroyed by a bullet. Explosives won't detonate in this case.
- Mines and explosives now detonate when they are in an explosion radius of other explosive upon its detonation.
- You can now disarm explosives and traps while holding Glow of the Forest (Artifact Hunt mode).
- Decreased the health threshold below which the character's hands are considered broken.
- Added bots (AI opponents) for new players.
- Added an option to play a training match with bots (on any level).
- Bots (AI opponents) are available on the following locations: Rudnya, School, Vostok Radar Station, Chemical Plant, Tarakanovsky Fort, Cologne Bridge.
- Bots (AI opponents) are available in the following game modes: Team Deathmatch, Research, Battery Retrieval.
Equipment and Weapons
- Added MP-443 Grach (Yarygin pistol): damage – 30, armor-piercing – 30, rate of fire – 350. Available at the Renaissance Army on Captain rank.
- Added CZ-75 pistol: damage – 28, armor-piercing – 35, rate of fire – 350. Available at Scavengers on Veteran rank.
- Added Beretta 93R pistol: damage – 24, armor-piercing – 30, rate of fire – 700. A rare tier 7 pistol which can be found in Treasure Hunt.
- Plastic explosives C-4 added to the game. It is available at Black Market upon reaching Centurion rank.
- APS pistol is now available on the 7th equipment tier. Damage increased to 25, armor-piercing increased to 30.
- Colt Python revolver is now available on the 7th equipment tier. Damage increased to 40, armor-piercing increased to 40, rate of fire increased to 300.
- FN FNC, M4A1: added 3 rounds burst mode.
- L85A2: added 2 rounds burst mode.
- Slug: damage coefficient decreased to 50%.
- Implemented BattlEye anticheat software. We will automatically ban all players who use hacks.
- Added sorting of the players' names by activity (non-active players and banned hackers are displayed in the end of the list).
- Initial graphics settings now can be automatically set based on the videocard's peformance.
- Increased width of the player name combo box in replays.
- Decreased the size of video memory when restrictions for resolution and resolution scale are applied in the renderer for slow PCs.
- Fixed lighting issues on London location.
- Fixed several critical issues crashing the game client.
- Fixed issues leading to long lobby loading.
- Fixed several issues with switching between windows (Alt+Tab).
- Score points for a saved ally are being awarded correctly now.
- Fixed Winchester display in the Workshop.
- Fixed display of module descriptions of Minimi lightmachine gun.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect battery display in the battle log (one delivered battery was displayed several times).
- Fixed display of ACOG х6 sight on the renderer for slow PCs.
- Fixed "Optimal settings" button functionality.
- Fixed collisions on Chemical Plant and Cologne Bridge.
- Fixed various UI issues.
- Fixed an issue when "Protected" text wasn't displayed when aiming at an enemy.
- Fixed an issue when an ally's name wasn't displayed when aiming at the character.
- Fixed an issue with Survarium launcher when proxy server settings couldn't be determined for a very long time.